Use of the Resource Centre is conditional on observance of the Rules and Regulations stipulated below.
- Resource Centre open from 08: 30 – 16: 00 Monday to Friday.
- The Resource Centre will be closed on public holidays and weekends.
- The Resource Centre will close per NU conditions of closure.
- By the virtue of being part of NU and sister organizations (permanent and contracted staff), you are eligible to benefit from the services rendered by the Resource Centre.
- The issued access borrowing numbers will be used for identification when loaning materials. The Resource Centre will issue patrons with a unique a borrowing number which will allow you to borrow books.
- Access will also be considered on submission of name, institutional affiliation, personal contacts and additional contacts.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATION
- No books will be issued without due authorization by the Centre’s staff member and you will be held responsible for any books issued in your name.
- There is an expectation that there will be no marking, underlying, highlighting or defacing of material in the Resource Centre. Failure to comply will result in a penalty, including replacement of said material.
- Users are responsible for material borrowed using their assigned borrowing number and for its return by the due date.
BORROWING THE RESOURCE CENTRE MATERIAL
- In order to borrow books from the Resource Centre you will need to produce your ID card.
- The loan period for books will depend on the kind of information, and the purpose of its use.
- Material will generally be loaned for 2 weeks with an e-mail motivation if required for longer periods.
- DVD/CD-Rom will be loaned for 2 days, but for longer use must be motivated by e-mail.
- Magazines, Newspapers, Journals (only current issues), Pamphlets & Dictionaries are not for loans and only for use in the Resource Centre.
- Photocopies/ scanning available.
- Note that the Resource Centre only provides the following papers; Cape Times, Mail and Guardian and City Press.
- The current issues are on the display shelves while articles of interest from previous editions are located in the articles database.
- Non-circulating reference materials (dictionaries, thesaurus , rare books, etc) are only for use in the Resource Centre.
- Users need to ensure that their names are cleared from the LibWin System upon returning loaned materials so as to avoid penalties.
RESERVATIONS (waiting list)
- Patrons may reserve items that are out on loan. Items that have been reserved by other patrons will not be able to be renewed.
LOST or DAMAGED BOOKS
- In an event a book is lost during the lending period, end users will be held responsible for paying the value of the book (as per inflation rate at the time of loss).
- Damage to or loss of Resource Centre material, books, periodicals etc. must be compensated for by the person responsible for the damage or loss.
PENALTY for Overdue Material
- Items loaned from the Resource Centre must be returned on the due date, failure to which, borrowing rights may be withdrawn. (Users will be blacklisted).
- There is a reasonable expectation that patrons will exercise stewardship over all resources borrowed or used on the premises. This to ensure longevity of materials and knowledge transfer